To bring some sweet inspiration to every meal, we’ve partnered with top food blogger Tina Haupert of Carrots ‘N’ Cake to bring you five delicious recipes, along with inspiring tips for new ways to incorporate honey and other common ingredients found in most kitchen pantries. This collection offers flavorful recipes for every meal, such as savory breakfast muffins and honey chipotle lettuce cups for lunch or dinner.
Tina's passion for food, fitness, family and travel is fueled by a well-balanced, healthy life. As a writer, blogger, nutrition coach, wife, mom and runner, she has mastered the art of doing it all. Tina’s Carrots 'N' Cake blog chronicles her adventures, workouts and recipes, all while sharing how you can have your carrots and eat your cake, too!
Find the tips and recipes below, and enjoy!
- Mash a ripe banana with honey and cinnamon and spread on toast for a quick breakfast or snack on-the-go
- Try honey mixed with mustard on your favorite sandwich in place of mayo for a DIY sweet and savory spread
- Mix 1/2 tsp. honey with 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 2 tsp. mustard, one clove minced garlic, and a pinch of salt for a quick salad dressing
- Mix 2 tsp. of honey with 1 T of melted coconut oil and 2 tsp. of cocoa powder for a delectable chocolate glaze to use on ice cream or fresh fruit
- Combine honey with smoked paprika and olive oil and then brush on fish or chicken before grilling for a BBQ marinade
SWEET INSPIRATION TO USE HONEY IN EVERY MEAL